Current Job Opportunities-
Effective Date: 9/21/21
Position title: Education Specialist
Location: Bozeman, MT
Salary: Starting at $30,000 depending on experience
Benefits: PTO, 6 paid holidays, health insurance paid in full after completion of probationary period.
Job Summary: Montana Raptor Conservation Center (MRCC) education programs educate the public about the importance of raptors and conserving them and their habitat by showcasing the magnificent ambassador raptors through presentations. MRCC education programs serve a variety of audiences: students, adults, families, and seniors. Education programs center on Gallatin County, though programming is also offered throughout Southwest Montana.
The Education Specialist is responsible for coordinating all aspects of our education program activities, with the goals of 1) providing informative educational experiences to help people better understand, appreciate, and conserve Montana raptors and their environment, 2) advancing MRCC’s conservation and rehabilitation work by fostering connections with the Southwest Montana community, 3) making the education programs financially self-sustaining, and 4) demonstrating best practices in bird enrichment and husbandry.
Job Description: Education Job description
- Bachelor’s degree in natural, life, physical science OR education; and four years of progressively responsible naturalist experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing, training, and handling captive raptors, including strong knowledge of current best practices in bird husbandry and care.
- Enthusiasm for education, conservation, and the mission, goals, and values of the Montana Raptor Conservation Center.
- Experience building and implementing environmental education curricula.
- Enthusiastic, personable, and responsive leader with experience leading groups and working with people of varying ages and abilities (including young children and retirees).
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative team-based environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other organizations, funders, and community members.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and computer skills.
- Experience working with, empowering, and overseeing volunteers.
- Self-directed, organized, reliable, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Southwestern Montana. Must have a valid driver’s license. MRCC will provide a vehicle to use for events and programs.
- Physical fitness necessary to carry crates, education materials, tables, and other necessary program items, occasionally over long distances, over uneven terrain, and outdoors.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
To Apply: Please send an email with subject EDUCATION SPECIALIST containing a SINGLE PDF with a cover letter, CV and 3 references to the Rehabilitation Director at firstname.lastname@example.org