Our mission is to improve the welfare of raptors across Montana through rehabilitation of injured birds, community education, and partnerships for raptor conservation and research.
Our core values define and direct our mission and are critical to maintaining our organizational culture:
- ADAPTIVE -We pivot our work as needed to stay raptor focused and respond to changing needs.
- PASSION + INTEGRITY -We care about our work, the birds, and each other. We are committed to doing our work with integrity.
- COMMUNITY -We are responsive to local raptor needs + engage the community through volunteerism and educational programming + and create a community of raptor super fans.
- MISSION FOCUSED- We are raptor-first and provide education, research + conservation, rescue + rehabilitation.
- RESPECT -For the birds, for each other and for the environment.
- FUN -Builds our team and creates opportunity for levity in emotionally demanding work.
What We Do
Founded in 1988, the Montana Raptor Conservation Center (MRCC), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, provides the following services for raptors and communities across Montana:
Rescue + Rehabilitation
Respond to requests to rescue distressed raptors; use best practices to provide medical care, physical therapy, and rehabilitation to injured birds; release raptors able to rejoin the wild; and provide a lifetime home and long-term care for unreleasable raptors serving as MRCC Education Birds.
Provide programs to advance the public’s awareness of raptors and their importance in the environment; give educational presentations to schools, businesses,
Conservation + Research
Band releasable raptors for ongoing research; partner with organizations, individuals, and students conducting raptor-related research.