The Montana Raptor Conservation Center (MRCC) in Bozeman, MT, is seeking new board members for our 501(c)(3) non-profit board. Our mission is to improve the welfare of raptors across Montana through rehabilitation of injured birds, community education, and partnerships for raptor conservation and research.
Basic requirements for board members are:
- Prep for and attend monthly board meetings, 2nd Friday of every other month, 2 hours per meeting
- Participate in projects and committees (working board), 5 or more hours per month. Committees consist of: Education, Fundraising, Finance, Governance, & Ad Hoc
- Assist in working at summer education series, annual open house and other events as requested
- Seek out like-minded organizations and establish beneficial relationships
- Coordinate operational and strategic planning, and monitor progress
- Identify major processes that need revision and then participate with staff to improve, document, and implement these new processes
- Ensure MRCC is properly staffed and operating according to our mission
- Provide monetary support – we are a 100% giving board and our goal is to provide 6% to 10% of our annual budget (currently about $200K) through board fundraising and support
- Publicly and privately support MRCC and the decisions of the board
Please contact Susie Drukman, Board Chair at email@example.com to indicate your interest or to get more information.